According to recent research conducted by Go Banking Rates, over 60% of Americans have under $1,000 in a savings account. While the causes of a lack of saving amongst U.S. adults are numerous, there are a number of folks who are doing very well for themselves! Today, we’ve got a round of the five youngest billionaires. Possibly most surprising is that a whopping three of them made their riches from Facebook! Keep reading to learn about how much these business savvy youngsters are worth!
- Mark Zuckerberg – While attending Harvard University, Mark Zuckerberg created what would go on to be the most popular social media website of all time: Facebook. The 31 year old has amassed a wealth of over $46 billion dollars. Recently, he and his wife Priscilla Chan vowed to give 99% of their worth to charity.
- Dustin Moskovitz – The second person on our list, also made his riches from Facebook! Specifically, the 31 year old Moskovitz is worth about $9.5 billion, and owes it to the time he spent helping Zuckerberg, with developing Facebook. However, he has since moved on to become co-founder of another tech startup, which creates project management software.
- Eduardo Saverin – Coming it at number three on our list, Eduardo is also affiliated with Facebook! Alongside Moskovitz and Zuckerberg, Saverin co-founded Facebook, although he did not receive credit for doing so. Instead, he had to sue Zuckerberg to get what was rightfully his. At the end of the day, the 34 year old is worth about $6.4 billion.
- Yang Huiyan – This 34 year old’s fortune, of about $5 billion, is attributed to her father’s success with the property development giant Country Garden. Founded in 1992 by Yeung Kwok Keung, the company has over 70,000 employees, and brings in an annual revenue of over $20 billion!
- Scott Duncan – At just 33 years old, Duncan is worth about $4.9 billion, and the heir to his father’s company, Enterprise Products. The company is a huge player in the energy industry, with nearly 50,000 miles of oil pipelines, refining plants, and more. Duncan is one of four children, and he will divide the fortune with Randa Duncan Williams, Dannine Avara, and Milane Frantz.