What is a Bridge Loan?
A “bridge loan” is a way of providing a financial “bridge” between two points in time. Bridge Loans are most frequently used when a homeowner wants or needs to buy a new home before selling their old one.
Our Bridge Loan Experts, specialize in providing short term Bridge Loans to homeowners. Home buyers taking advantage of a Bridge Loan can benefit financially by applying the equity in their existing home toward the purchase of a new one while avoiding the hassle of moving twice. Although interest rates are a few points higher on a Bridge Loan than on a conventional loan, the amount of money spent may be quite low because the bridge loan is short-term.
Satisfy Your Short Term Financing Needs
Our bridge loans can provide short-term funding to achieve a wide variety of goals:
- Buyers who need to close quickly – In hot markets, the ability to make a cash offer or offer a quick close can make the difference in whether you get the house
- Move Up Buyers – Buyers who need to access the equity from their old home to buy a new home before the old home sells.
- Self-employed Buyers – Self-Employed & 1099 buyers with less than 2 years of self-employed income may have trouble qualifying for a conventional loan. We start with a bridge, and refinance them when they have the necessary income history.
- Retired/Fixed Income Buyers – Retired buyers often have a lot of equity in their home, but are on a fixed income and don’t qualify for a conventional loan. A bridge loan can help them buy and home now, and then they can pay off the loan when their old home sells.
- “My Buyer Fell Out” bridge loans – If your house is under contract and your buyer falls through, a bridge loan can ensure you can go through with the purchase of your new home (designed for borrowers who don’t have quite enough income to meet conventional loan ratios).
- Real Estate Investor HELOC/Line of Credit – this unique program is helping experience investors compete and close quickly with cash offers.
When the need for a bridge loan has passed, we can make sure you are smoothly transitioned into a long-term low rate, permanent loan.